Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Recalcitrant Meadows

I have not written in a while because I have been busy and I did not know what to write.
The situation has not changed.
Sebastian and I got $50,000 today from Best Buy to buy stuff for our classrooms.
That was pretty cool.
We put together a proposal some time ago and we were wondering why the results had not been released. They were supposed to make a decision about a month ago. It turns out our submission was so good that instead of giving us the top prize of $20,000 they upped it to $50,000. We had a big assembly at the school and put on a bit of a presentation about the CyberARTS program. The kids went wild when they heard the news from the Best Buy guys.
I am at work writing another proposal to HP. The prize is not so grand but a few computers and a projector and a printer are part of the prize.
The problem is they want to know about how technology is used in the classroom to improve education. They want no more than 500 words. I have been draft writing and I am about one third of the way through what I want to say and I have about 700 words. I'll keep at it and then pare it down to the essentials. Hopefully I'll come up with a few good phrases that will make it worth while, whether I win anything or not.

Recalcitrant Meadows.

That popped into my head.
Why?

No comments: