Saturday, September 6, 2008

What I Did On My Summer Vacation

This will be brief as I am just playing around right now.
I am actually avoiding other work I have to do.

One of the most enjoyable and memorable aspects of my summer vacation was spent on the balcony outside the green room above the store in Mississippi Station.
I know all this requires explanation; that will come in time.

It was on the balcony in the morning that I sat and drank coffee and wrote in my journal about the activities of the day before and the anticipated adventures of the new day. 

The balcony faces East. I would awake around dawn and watch the sun peek over the edge of the valley wall. As the sun rose and warmed the earth the mists would rise from the trees across the way. Usually the air was full of the sound of crickets and birds and little else save the wind in the trees. 

The memory of this fills me with an emotion. 

Bliss?

No comments: